Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go to find help with my child care needs?
- Contact Penticton & District Community Resource Society (250) 492-5814 if you do not find the answer to your question on the website.
How much does childcare cost?
- Preschool: 2 days = $110/month, 3 days = $150/month, 5 days = $250/month
- 3-5 Age Childcare: $700/month Penticton; $650/month in South Okanagan
- Infant/Toddler: $900/month
- Before School Care: $125/month
- After School Care: $275/month Penticton; $250/month in South Okanagan
Can I get help paying for my child care?
- For information about Child Care Subsidy, including eligibility criteria, access to Subsidy documents, including the Dynamic Fill and Print Subsidy Application, visit the Subsidy Website.
Can I become a childcare provider?
- Visit the Penticton Child Care Resource & Referral (CCRR) or call 250-492-2926
What are my choices for childcare?
- Preschool, Full Day Care, Before & After School Care
Who do I contact if I have a concern about the safety standards of a childcare facility?
- Program Supervisor
- PDCRS Clinical Director
- PDCRS Executive Director
- Licensing Direct
What if I have a child with special needs?
- Our Supported Child Development (SCD) Program supports children with special needs to fully participate in inclusive neighbourhood childcare programs.
- SCD services reflect best practices in child development and are based on the philosophy of inclusion. This means that the activities of playing, learning and growing happen in a way in which all children feel they belong.
- Please call 250-492-5814 for more information about supported child development services.
Do you have a waitlist?
- Waitlists vary from program to program. Please contact the program supervisor for wait list times.
Do you provide morning care, and transportation to school?
- Yes. Our After School Program in Penticton provides morning care and transportation to and from various schools.