Harm reduction endeavours to reduce or minimize disease, injury and death associated with higher-risk behaviours, while recognizing that such behaviours may continue despite those risks.
Harm Reduction Services
- Confidential meeting space for coffee, conversation and support
- Individual support, advocacy and links to other programs and
- Community education and awareness
- Peer support is an important aspect of this program. People with similar issues can connect with each other to discuss topics that are important to them
- Provision and distribution of harm reduction supplies
- Support for transportation to medical appointments
- Certification in the Take Home Naloxone (THN) program. You could save a life!
Improve the social and emotional wellbeing of people living with blood borne pathogens including HIV, Hepatitis B and C, through peer based support and referral to appropriate services.
Increase community awareness and access to harm reduction services in Penticton, OK Falls, Oliver and Osoyoos.
For More Information